Harvard Game - 1964 Team Celebration
October 25, 2014
- See the January 7, 2015 Class Notes for more about the weekend and the 50th anniversary celebration of the 1964 undefeated team.
- Click here for a video of the halftime ceremony and here for a 30-minute 1964 season highlights video (look for part 2 on the left side).
- Class of '66 team members on hand were: George Weiksner, Jim Stoops, Paul Savidge, Rich Reinis, Kit Mill, Stas Maliszewski, Ron Landeck, Bert Kerstetter, Krist Jake, Charlie Gogolak, Gary Gilbert, Ed Durkee, Walt Bliss, Bob Bedell, and Gordie Bjorkman.
- At a Friday night dinner, Ron Landeck presented President Chris Eisgruber with a painted football inscribed with Princeton Undefeated Team of 1964 and signed by all the players who returned.
Speaking of Football
- Stas' Malizewski and Rick Bowers returned to the Quad Cities area (Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa and Rock Island and Moline in Illinois) for the September 19 game between their high schools, Davenport Assumption and Keokuk. Here's the QC Times article.
- The course of the Princeton-Harvard football rivalry has not always run smooth, as described in this lecture forwarded by Jim Parmentier from the Princeton Alumni Association of Maine web site.
- John McPhee '53 (see the November 12 PAW cover and article) wrote a recent New Yorker article, Phi Beta Football about Princeton mid-century football, the single wing, and more.
SlideshowOur slideshow includes photos from the Friday team dinner, pre-game Tiger Tailgate, the halftime.